Dotdash is looking for a Data Lead to join our Data Operations team and oversee the Looker Platform. This role will partner with business, analytics and our hundreds of in-house users to help us build out new capabilities and ultimately enhance the value Looker provides across Dotdash.
About your contributions:
- Own the Looker platform and associated training, best practices, and growth among users at Dotdash.
- Partner closely with executives and key stakeholders to help formulate and implement company strategy by unlocking insights and storytelling with data
- Collaborate with stakeholders and customers to understand data and reporting requirements.
- Empower users across the organization to use Looker and its features efficiently to answer key business questions across all business units
- Manage one or more analytics engineers and delegate tasks to meet reporting deliverables
- Find ways to spread knowledge and increase data literacy across the organization
- Perform ad-hoc analyses as necessary.
- Keep up with new technologies and solutions in the Looker channel to improve existing systems and best practices.
- 5+ years of experience in Analytics, BI engineering, and data visualization with Looker, Tableau, or comparable BI software tools.
- 3+ years of experience using SQL for analytics, working with relational databases and/or distributed systems such as Hive or BigQuery.
- Experience with mentoring and leading a small team of analytics engineers is preferred.
- Experience working with cloud platforms like AWS or GCP is a plus.
- Experience building out the training and best practices necessary to create internal power-users with a given system.
Able to take apart business problems, translate them into technical requirements, and translate back to non-technical audiences
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.