Reporting to the Manager of Business Technology and Data Integration, the Data Integration Developer will support the goals of the Development department by developing efficient data feeds and identifying new areas for automation that increase efficiency and productivity. The developer must be able to work in a fast paced environment and have the ability to learn new systems thoroughly and quickly. The role requires that this person should be able to define business and functional requirements, design and reengineer processes, and identify areas for better technology solutions.
Work with the Manager of Business Technology and Data Integration to plan for future phased work in developing the Salesforce application.
- Map data from the data warehouse to new and existing modules accurately.
- Implement new software application integrations
- Data mapping between API data, SQL Server tables and business applications
- Design common keys in the physical data structures.
Create and maintain data integration processes by developing common definitions of sourced data.
- Examine data applications, data models and the data warehouse schema and determine the best-fit data transformation methods.
- Assess middleware tools for data integration, transformation, and routing.
- Validate data integration by developing and executing test plans and scenarios including data design, tool design, data extract/transform, networks, and hardware.
- Perform other data related job duties, as assigned.
Responsible for integration of data between various software applications
- Through extracts from the source system, transforming the data by creating SQL Server Integration Packages, database objects such as tables, views, stored procedures and then maintaining exception and action reports.
- Communicate effectively with analysts, developers, testers, management, and clients.
- Design, develop, and support complex integration processes using SSIS
- Develop and maintain tables, indexes, stored procedures, views, triggers and other objects in Sql Server.
- Collaborate with business analysts to translate client requirements into development projects
- Research, relate and recommend technical solutions and relevant software application tools.
Required Education and Experience
Five (5) years SQL programming and SSIS development
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Bachelors of/in Computer Science or related field
Preferred Experience: Seven (7) years SQL programming, SSIS development and working in an IT department; non-profit experience
Additional Technical Requirements
- Strong Microsoft Sql Server database skills. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and Microsoft Access.
- Experience with API design and implementation.
- Experience with Salesforce – ideally the Non Profit Success Pack preferred
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Experience with HTTP and REST integration preferred
- A sincere appreciation for people and how they are each uniquely motivated.
- Poised and engaging, empathetic communications style based on natural warmth and enthusiasm.
- Fast-paced and results oriented with the ability to work in a timely manner with multiple deadlines and competing requirements.
- Strong written, presentation, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to relate well to individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstration of good judgement, professionalism and the highest standards of ethical conduct.