Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world’s most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today’s market trends while anticipating tomorrow’s. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
Be the first of your friends to declare, “I love where I work!” and actually mean it. Have fun working hard alongside some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. NPD is one of the leading market research providers in the world. We offer competitive market research and intelligence to our customers and many of the world’s largest companies. In addition, NPD offers a career filled with innovation and opportunity to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our family.
You’re a passionate, dynamic, and highly motivated individual who’s looking for an opportunity to have an impact on some of the most well-known companies in the world. If you enjoy working with clients to influence their business solutions and shaping a growing organization, this job is for you.
The analyst within the Checkout team is primarily responsible for analyzing receipt-harvested data, and providing analysis and insights to clients. He or she will be responsible for executing both templated and ad-hoc analyses to answer clients’ questions about consumer purchase behaviors and inform clients’ strategic marketing decisions.
The analyst will also contribute to the development of new analytic products and project-execution best practices. A qualified candidate will bring a genuine curiosity and eagerness to learn clients’ businesses and industries. The analyst will engage in all aspects of client support, including onboarding and nurturing client contacts at all levels, making analytical recommendations, and creating and delivering insightful presentations. He or she will be responsible for collaborating with business development and internal practices teams to create proposals and provide recommendations on analytic approaches.
The analyst will also collaborate with internal teams to validate and assess quality of data collection and data classification operations.
This position will be based in either Greensboro, NC or New York, NY.
- Provide day-to-day servicing support across subscription clients
- Execute analyses for clients from start to finish, with support from your manager on final insights and implications
- Proactively relate the category and consumer insights and industry trends to business opportunities
- Leverage learnings from client conversations and questions to help inform future product development
- Mine unstructured datasets using Tableau, Alteryx and other related analytic software as directed
- Operate in a collaborative team environment providing support and cross-functional training as needed
- Ability to take responsibility for personal development by seeking training, on-the-job experiences and input from manager
- 3-5 years’ experience in market research or equivalent
- Demonstrate fearlessness and stability both internally and with clients in a quickly evolving environment
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
- Understanding of how consumer data can be used to identify business-building opportunities for clients
- Resilient organizational and project management skills
- Highly proficient in all MS Office products (advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience with ETL tools like Alteryx, and BI tools like Tableau preferred.
- BA/BS or equivalent. Market research, economics, statistics or marketing background preferred
*NPD is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.