The Pension Data Implementation Lead is responsible for our data team that supports our Pension administration clients, by providing leadership in the following areas:
- People: Leadership and management related to a group of colleagues who primarily support the data conversion clients assigned to the team in terms of staffing, utilization, career growth and development, performance reviews, engagement and retention.
- Workflow Prioritization and Management: Work with client delivery teams, the data conversion team, and the data management developers to prioritize and direct the delivery of data conversion work, leveraging the most appropriate colleagues within the team. Provide oversight to the data conversion team leads, ensuring the status of work items is clearly communicated with client delivery teams with risks clearly identified in the communication.
- Quality Management: ensure the colleagues on the team are meeting client deliverables by partnering with our client delivery teams, adhering to standard practices, following all contractual service level agreements, and actively working as a team as needed to quickly and proactively address any quality concerns. Create and refine standard practices as needed to ensure efficient processes and high-quality deliverables.
- Financial management: Provide oversight to our data conversion client leads, ensuring they understand the budgets for their respective projects and are providing feedback to client delivery teams on any budgetary risks or considerations.
Other responsibilities for this role include:
- Delivering unwavering quality to internal and external clients.
- Creating and consulting clients on best practices.
- Responsible for accurate and timely client delivery support for themselves and their team.
- Ensure compliance with client requirements and industry standards.
- Provide leadership and subject matter expertise with external vendors to support the needs of our clients and enforce Willis Towers Watson business standards.
- Engage in new client work to ensure accurate costing and considerations. Work closely with client service delivery teams to ensure project requirements/requests for changes are understood and within standards.
- Being accountable for the financial results of the Data Conversion Team.
- Ensure budgets are communicated, understood, and that our team is managing to them.
- Ensure delivery effort is tracked and understood, so that budget feedback can be given to costing teams to improve the future financial performance
- Lead an expanding global team to achieve and maintain the quality expectations placed upon us internally and externally by our clients.
- Responsible for the Data Conversion Team having the right people and training to deliver and meet our standard practices and client expectations.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to team members.
- Grow the team and talent to meet the business objectives in a rapidly expanding business.
- Partner with Pension Practice leadership to ensure data conversion needs across delivery teams are understood, planned for and clearly communicated to all stakeholders
- Partner with and Data Management Leader to determine staffing and hiring needs
- Support hiring process, including interviewing and candidate selection.
- Actively resolve team conflicts.
- Conduct performance reviews, salary and bonus discussions, performance plans if needed and provide associates with feedback that allows them to grow and develop.
- Support colleague engagement and driving new initiatives.
Operational Excellence and Innovation
- Build and maintain Data Conversion Team, creating and adhering to all quality control procedures.
- Manage teams and processes to meet business expectations.
- Lead the development of process standards to increase quality, improve automation & process efficiencies, and reduce conversion effort.
- Actively engaging with Pension Leadership on the expected and actual results.
- Own and manage data requirement needs across the pension administration business
- Act as a key interface for other Data Management groups within Willis Towers Watson
- Own and communicate required changes or enhancements to standards tools and processes with product and client service delivery teams.
- Create the strategy and organizational model that can support and deliver data exchanges (e.g., file transfers) across a suite of clients with efficiency and a high level of quality.
- Ability and desire to promote professional development of associates.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical, integrative and problem solving skills.
- Strong time management, and project organization skills.
- Ability to consult, collaborate, and work across roles and levels of an organization.
- Solid interpersonal skills and client service orientation.
- Must have a ‘big picture’, proactive, agile and strategic mindset
- Understanding of the fundamentals of Pension administration.
- 5+ year’s industry experience working with data or equivalent work experience (e.g., data conversions, data import, data export, data mapping tools, data reporting, payroll, HRIS).
- 2+ years direct management and leadership experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in managing workflow, delegation, project management and resource management required to meet budgets and timelines
- Effectively communicate with all levels & roles
- Passion for and commitment to continuous improvement and identifying new solutions
- Attention to detail and follow-through.
- Working with global teams is preferred.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of Pension administration is preferred.
- Experience with relational databases (SQL Server) and ETL tools is preferred.
- Ability to travel and work extended hours as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, Master’s degree a plus.