$80K — $100K *
As one of the largest investor-owned companies in the U.S. utility sector, PPL Corporation delivers on its promises to customers, investors, employees and the communities we serve. Our utilities - Western Power Distribution, Louisville Gas and Electric and Kentucky Utilities, and PPL Electric Utilities - provide an outstanding service experience for our customers, consistently ranking among the best in the United States and the United Kingdom. PPL has grown from a company with customers and facilities in one region of Pennsylvania to a diverse energy company with more than 10 million customers in the U.S. and the U.K. PPL provides energy for millions of customers while providing challenging and rewarding careers for thousands of employees around the U.S. and abroad.
Follow PPL Corporation on social media
Follow PPL Electric Utilities on social media
PPL Electric Stories
Regular or Temporary
Full-time or Part-timeFull-Time
PPL’s Data & Analytics Office is seeking a Data Governance Technical Steward to be an integral part of the Digital Transformation. PPL’s enterprise data governance office is charting the course for PPL’s first data governance process and has identified a need for a technical resource to support our data catalog, Collibra. This new role will be the expert responsible for seamless integration of Collibra with various on-prem and cloud-based data sources. The role will report to the Data Governance Manager.
1. Hands-on technical experience, implementing and using Collibra suite of tools (Governance, Catalog, etc.) to search metadata, establish data lineage, capture profiling statistics, build data quality scorecards, find relationships and similarities between data assets, create workflows, and maintain business and technical glossaries.
2. Managing the lineage and profiling of sources into Collibra, working with Data Engineers to run the lineage file from the Azure Data Platform
3. Define and implement frameworks and best practices in Collibra that are required to deliver effective data governance solutions to customers using the Collibra solution.
4. Build out new features for Collibra with assistance from the Data Governance team (e.g., PowerBI Connector), add new data sources, perform technical mapping etc.
5. Develop and implement Data Quality rules working with the Data Governance Team
6. Share thoughts on best practices for Collibra from a Technical perspective
7. Refresh Collibra in Dev, Test, and PROD as needed
8. Perform Collibra software installation, maintenance, and upgrades.
9. Manage movement of data from Development to production environment.
10. Maintain users, roles, and user authentication configuration.
11. Maintain Collibra service configuration.
12. Monitor Collibra performance and perform troubleshooting.
13. Point person for any Collibra support tickets / issues.
14. Contribute to a positive culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence by identifying and implementing process improvements where appropriate.
15. May be assigned an Electric Utilities emergency and storm role. This is a special assignment that comes into play during storms and other emergencies when the company needs to restore power or respond to other issues affecting customer service. This role may necessitate the need to work after-hours, outside of your normal schedule.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration.In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
2. 5+ years progressively responsible experience in Data Analysis, Data Management, Data Governance and/or Data Stewardship
3. 3+ years of experience managing Collibra instances.
4. Working knowledge of Azure AD, SSO, Azure Cloud platform
5. Strong analytical and data management skills.
6. Ability to recognize and analyze data patterns and discrepancies.
7. Ability to resolve complex issues independently and escalate to management as needed.
8. Excellent organizational, multitasking, and problem-solving skills.
9. Show a strong sense of ownership for their deliverables.
10. Strong communication skills both written and verbal, with ability to communicate or convey the results to audience at all levels.
The company reserves the right to determine if this position will be assigned to work on-site, remotely, or a combination of both. Assigned work location may change. In the case of remote work, physical presence in the office/on-site may be required to engage in face-to-face interaction and coordination of work among direct reports and co-workers.
1. Utilities industry experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected characteristic.
Valid through: 7/6/2021
$80K — $100K *
13 days ago