WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Data Governance Strategic Lead will help lead the implementation of CNB Data Office deliverables for strategic data sourcing and data governance. This role will directly work with Datahub implementation team and will be a core member of CNB Data Office management teams. This position has a significant role in shaping and implementing the strategic agenda within CNB and across RBC including IHC.
Risk Management Division
This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization as a member of City National's Risk Management team. The focus is on ensuring business activities remain safe, compliant and well-positioned for future opportunity and sustainable growth.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Provide leadership in the areas of data sourcing, data governance, data quality and control and integration of data from system to system (from CNB source systems down to consuming systems within CNB and in IHC and RBC systems) during blueprinting, deployment and steady state operations activities.
- Manage cross functional team relationship, impact assessment, others including technology to ensure successful delivery and integration of data end-to-end.
- Effectively communicates to senior stakeholder and business partners on issues, risks, project status and deliverables
- Collaborate with various CNB Data Office leads on deliverables from data policy compliance, metadata, data lineage, data lineage, data remediation, EUC and change management
- Maintain stakeholder relationship between project teams, CNB, IHC and RBC
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- *Bachelor's Degree Business, Computer Science, or Engineering
- *Minimum 8 years of experience in Financial Services industry with significant deliverables in data governance and/or data sourcing related projects/programs
- *Minimum 8 years of experience leading large scale data-related projects and change management
Skills and Knowledge
- Master's Degree highly preferred in Business, Computer Science, or Engineering
- Deep and solid understanding of data governance and data quality concepts and processes
- Solid background on reconciliation design, data integration, and data quality and controls, and exception resolution processes
- Expert in Data requirements: interviewing, facilitation, gap analysis, data analysis, business process mapping, user interface design and mock-up
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough understanding of functional and control areas in Banking/Capital Markets