The Data Governance Analyst will work with Business Data Owners, Stewards and Data Architects on implementing and managing the day-to-day needs of the data governance and data quality program. This role requires the candidate to possess strong business and technical analysis skills to design and implement full life cycle data management process. The role will develop into a key contact that will provide strategy, governance and stewardship guidance across Consumers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with the Business Data Owners and Data Stewards to establish data management capabilities and achieve its policy objectives, implement and enforce enterprise data standards.
• Establish effective practices and capabilities for critical data controls in alignment to the Enterprise Data Management Policy.
• Working very closely with the business, define and articulate data needs, gaps and impacts across all areas, identify opportunities or problems and measure the quality of data held in various systems.
• Provide guidance and assistance to Business Data Owners and Data Stewards in managing data risk.
• Provide analytical and strategic support for the creation of data dictionaries, metadata repositories, use cases, data lineage flows, presentations and other documentation.
• Assist in the preparation and presentation of initiatives to senior level management at
Data Stewardship Council meetings.
• Provide insight and guidance into data strategy, governance, and stewardship needs to
continue to build a data quality environment.
• Support research of Data Governance and Data Quality methodologies and tools.
• Partner with business and technology to identify and implement enterprise data quality
initiatives and business process improvement opportunities.
• Understand data architecture standards and ensure data is fit for use
• Evaluate technical data validation rules and define/maintain business rules for critical data elements.
• 5+ years in financial services or data related field, 3+ years in data governance/management
related field preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in business related field, MIS or Information Technology a plus
• Knowledge of the financial services industry, insurance industry a plus
• Foundational knowledge of Data Governance, Data Stewardship, and Data Quality best practices
• Highly motivated self-starter, driven for results, effective at prioritizing and managing complex tasks
• Understanding of project life cycle, project experience a plus
• Ability to query databases to analyze data sets
• Strong communication skills
• Strong work ethic; intuitive, and strategic thinker
• Ability to establish successful partnerships across business and technology.