Data Governance Project Manager
We are looking for Data Governance Project Manager for our client in Boston, MA
Job Title: Data Governance Project Manager
Job Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- The Data Governance Lead is responsible for implementing, maintaining and leading data governance initiatives.
- The Lead is responsible for helping to establish and maintain visibility, trust, and confidence data through the development and implementation of a departmental data governance program and strategy.
- The role acts as a liaison between Information Services (IS) and leadership, providing guidance and direction for enterprise data governance framework and best practices.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and lead the data governance program to ensure high-quality business information across business functions and throughout its systems and operational processes
- Collaborate with business leadership to establish engagement and ownership of data business definitions, rules, processes establishing roles and responsibilities for ensuring data is properly managed, utilized and governed
- Establish organizational support for the data governance program
- Educate business and technical communities on the purpose of data governance and drive acceptance and adoption of data governance practices.
- Categorize information assets based on its level of criticality and impact to the organization
- Establishes and reports data quality and data governance metrics
- Evaluate and recommend data governance supporting technologies
- Bachelor?s degree in Information Systems or similar
- Five years of Data Governance or related experience
- Two years managing and leading data quality initiatives
- Strong knowledge of business process, data or information management, data flows, data relationships, data quality standards, processes and proficiency with data analytical and quality tools
- Strong understanding of the importance and benefits of good data quality, and the ability to champion results
- Experience creating and managing master data, metadata, hierarchies, data classification, etc.
- Excellent facilitation, influencing and negotiation skills, including the ability to gain cross-departmental consensus
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving skills
- Initiative and ability to use technical knowledge to identify and address key issues, and determine resolution strategies aligned to business needs