As the Data Governance Officer, you will become a key member of our Analytics Solutions team at First United Bank. This position will focus on establishing and ensuring adherence to an enterprise data governance framework for data policies, standards, and practices, both at the department and Business Functional areas.
To achieve the required level of consistency, quality, and protection to meet overall business needs will require close collaboration with business owners, department analysts, Technology, Info Security, and other key stakeholder groups with the Bank.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Under the direction of the Director of Analytics, is responsible to roll out an enterprise-wide data governance framework, with a focus on the improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through the organization's policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools, and data architecture.
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for the stewardship of the company’s principal information assets.
- Serve as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and technology to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated, and well understood, and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards, and adoption requirements across the enterprise.
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements.
- Review Power BI data models and measure logic based on the data dictionary and to evaluate standard adoptions.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES
- Adherence to all First United Policies and Procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant domain such as Management Information Systems, Information Technology, or related technical field. However, work experience will be of equal, if not greater, importance.
- Any Data Governance Certification, Applicable Vendor or Industry certification is preferred not mandatory.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in data quality management, information architecture, and governance design and implementation, with significant influence on the overall direction of data governance management.
- Understanding of Master Data Management technology landscape, processes, and design principles.
- Experience in the use of data catalogs and data quality technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and operationalizing data-based guidelines, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to build cross-functional relationships that result in the adoption of organizational change.
- Hands-on operational management and change management.
- Proven track record in operating data governance programs and managing data assets in a large, complex organizations.
- Experience with Power BI and Power Query; knowledge of DAX is a plus.
- Fundamental SQL Coding is required; experience in SQL Studio is a plus.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.