$150K — $200K *
The Data Governance Manager at Colgate Palmolive will guide and support our digital, measurement and dashboards team in crafting and maintaining policies, principles and processes that will help to govern our data to drive our digital transformation. You will optimize functionality at the intersection of two of our greatest assets – people and data. You will function as a subject-matter specialist working closely with data product owners from the digital team and the IT organization to ensure ownership and compliance against governance standards. You will build and engage a community of seeking data governance fans within the company through close collaboration with analytics, business users, legal and data engineers to build and maintain the atlas to our data world.
- Set the general direction and increase the adoption of data governance practices within the organization
- Assist Data Leaders and Data Product Owners in their responsibilities, e.g., with identification of their key data elements, definition data contracts and curation of metadata
- Prioritize governance and data-related issues across the organization to help resolve and minimize risks, such as privacy and security
- Support the preparation and moderation of the council and data governance steering committee
- With oversight from a strategic and tactical perspective, identify and detail data governance policies and standards for data producers and data consumers
- Ensure that data producers are compliant to new data governance policies in place
- Train and mentor leaders and product owners within our data team on data governance policies and standards
- Build and engage the data community to strengthen the data culture
During your first year, you can expect the following professional challenges:
- Build out an infrastructure and forum to advise analytic and business users about new and changing data in our growing data environment, including both structured and unstructured data.
- Build processes to capture definitions and metadata on all of our data proactively.
- Ensure the maintenance of reference data, including universal and proprietary code sets and mapping source-specific to standard codes.
- Collaborate with our data engineering team to convey and make sure data naming conventions.
BASIC REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Information Systems, or related field
- 8+years of experience in data governance/ analytical, reporting or data management
- Experience working with 1P, 2P, 3P data
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience with data governance tools or other tools for data management (e.g., Alation, Calibra or BigID)
- Deep understanding of data governance practices and experience in defining standards and practices
- Strong analytical and data skills/aptitude
- Good and concise communication and interpersonal skills along with negotiation skills
- Excellent ability to craft and maintain metadata for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven project management skills and consistent experience in coordinating multi-functional teams
- Expertise in Tableau
- Knowledge of media data
- PCI compliance certification
- Data compliance (GDPR, CCPA)
Valid through: 11/30/2020