Healthcare is perhaps the most exciting place to work in data. Each kernel of information is encoded and describes real world evidence and observations about our patients. That's why it is so critical that we get our data right.
The Data Governance Manager is responsible for leading the organization across all governance activities including master data management, composing data policies and standards. A specific focus of this position is ensuring our business and IT areas are aligned in producing, maintaining and using high quality data to help our enterprise achieve our goals.
This position will also lead our data governance council, provide updates to our executive information management group and lead workgroups to achieve accurate, quality and consistent data that abides by regulations, laws and ethics. In addition, this role will support strategic requirements of the organization in its use of data.
- Author and implement a data governance roadmap compiled from the organization's requirements.
- Organize a data governance council, action oriented workgroups and manage affairs of the council.
- Run an interdisciplinary reporting meeting to coordinate data use.
- Develop and maintain a data and report catalog for the enterprise.
- Measure performance of data governance through adherence and quality among others.
- Work significantly with interdisciplinary groups to accomplish goals of data governance.
- Lead master data management activities including the recommendation of information products.
- Assist in the provision of data sets for the AMPS team of data scientists.
- Research and acquire new data sources for analytic and business purposes as requested.
- Act as a liaison to multiple business areas and information technology services.
- Create policies for data consistent with regulations and laws.
- Minimum of 3 years leading data management activities in a dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design
- Knowledge of data architecture and technology solutions
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, MIS, Information Management or sufficient expertise and knowledge as described above.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Excellent project management skills to conceive of project roadmaps and consistently execute.
- Personable and inspirational leader able to drive council members towards action.
- Consensus builder able to reduce the temperature of a room and find harmony.
- Articulate and strong communicator capable of listening and speaking.