This position will be responsible for building and implementing a robust Data Governance function. The function includes development of Enterprise Policy & Procedures related to Master Data Management, Data Classification and Reporting. It requires a highly skilled and motivated professional with technical and business experience who can effectively evolve governance at the Bank and execute the roadmap. This role will serve as the Chair of the Executive level Data Governance Committee and Working Group which includes all lines of business throughout the Bank. They will provide thought leadership and guidance to establish best practice with data management practices, data quality analysis and data validation. Establish and implement KPI's, KRI's and management reports. Implementation of the framework that establishes full transparency to data supported by a successful rollout of a Business Glossary, Data Dictionary and Data Lineage.
- Evolve the strategy for governing all master and reference data for the Bank. Mature the data governance function through development of standards and procedures focused on classification of data, data quality standards/rules, data issue management, including monitoring and measurement. Analyze data quality health at an enterprise level for the Bank. Responsible for evaluation and selection of Data tools and building workflows required to implement a sustainable governance function. Provide analysis of complex data issues and facilitate collaborative resolution processes working with multiple stakeholders and business owners. Present to the Board of Directors regular updates and has the ability to influence any strategic decisions related to Data Management.
- Drive future state strategy for supporting all enterprise data in anticipation of future needs for variety, velocity and volume of internal and external data sources. Define and develop foundational procedures and technical solutions to ensure successful execution of the Data Governance Framework.
- Support relationship with regulators and internal audit as required.
- Create and deliver targeted training on Data Topics Bankwide. Contribute to the development and promotion of data governance helping to define and implement best practices. Support and drive the implementation of the strategic Data Governance Roadmap. Provide input and influence the direction of future roadmap activities based on learnings. Continuous process development and improvement in an agile manner.
- Lead the Bank in transforming how data is documented and maintained to deliver transparency. Design and Implement the framework for managing the data inventory for the Bank. This will include rollout and maintenance of Business Glossary, Data Dictionary and Data Lineage.
SUPERVISION Direct Reports - Data Governance Specialist, Data Classification Analyst II, Data Classification Analyst I Indirect Reports - Business Lines and data governance working group members--tactical External and Vendor Relationships - Data Tool Vendors-tactival - Global ID, FiServ, etc
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar, Master Degree preferred
- Strong leadership capabilities demonstrated in an environment of culture transformation
- Strong understanding of BCBS239, FRB, FDIC,FFIEC, SOX, GLBA and SOC/SSAE16 requirements
- 10-15+ years experience in Data Management roles including knowledge of Data Profiling, Data Validation and Data Lineage skills demonstrated in a combination of education and work experience
- 3-5 years of Analytic reporting capabilities
- 10+ years Project Management or Governance role experience
- Data Lifecycle experience with specific focus on Data Quality practices and data issue management/root cause analysis
- Leverage COBIT, NIST, ISACA, ISO27001 or appropriate risk framework
- Attention to detail and meticulous approach to work
- Ability to handle large voume of inbound work related to growth and/or acquisitions in compressed timeframes
- Ability to effectively communicate with business lines, senior management, auditors and regulators
- Masters Degree or equivalent experience
- Agile Methodology experience
- Experience with Oracle, SQL database
- Knowledgable on Hadoop technologies, working with unstructured data
- Experience implementating and managing Data Quality tools such as Global ID, Informatica, Collibra, SAS, etc.
- Experience with building out new functions and increasing organization maturity related to data management best practice