Responsibilities - External:
The Data Governance Lead will be responsible for the establishment, planning and execution of FM Global's data governance program. The breadth of the data governance program will include all prioritized enterprise and external data and content. It will establish agile processes that support corporate goals for data quality, security and integrity while enabling future digital business processes and data driven decision-making.
The goal of the program is to ensure that data is organized, well defined, accessible, trusted, and secure across the enterprise.
- The Data Governance Lead will manage personnel responsible for enterprise data analysis and modeling, employee and client role-based access and entitlements, and enterprise reference data.
- The Data Governance Lead will define the initiatives that will grow and mature the program.
- The successful candidate works with a wide range of stakeholders including Portfolio Product Owners/Product Owners from Product Development and Data Analytics Leadership, as well as SVP's and Executive Management.
- The incumbent in this role will be the driving force that ensures our enterprise data drives business results contributing to efficient product development and enabling analytic insights.
Qualifications - External:
Bachelor's degree required in Data Science, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related fields.
Master's degree preferred
Experience: 10+ years of related work experience
5+ years in an enterprise data and/or data governance leadership role
- Enterprise data modeling
- Enterprise meta-data management
- Data architecture
- Knowledge of data persistence technologies
- Relational database management systems
- Big data platforms
- Data science, analytics, and reporting technology
- Data integration patterns
- Processes to ensure data quality, integrity
- Role based entitlement implementation
- Ability to track and manage multiple initiatives in parallel
- Data governance management tools
- Ability to build relationships and influence across diverse groups of stakeholders
- Proven problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to multi-task and balance changes in priorities
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills