The Data Governance Analyst will support the establishment and implementation of the enterprise data governance framework, assisting across the primary focus areas for the program: define and update policies and procedures related to the access, processing, archiving, retention and disposition of data across the enterprise; compile and consolidate metadata, such as data inventories and data dictionaries, and maintain this information in our metadata management tools; define data quality guidelines in collaboration with our stakeholders.
The role involves working effectively with a variety of cross-functional partners, including product, technology, engineering, analytics and others to monitor and assess adherence to data governance procedures, and to provide guidance. The ideal candidate will be able to present and implement solutions to maximize data governance policy adoption, leveraging technology to automate processes wherever possible.
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter, who is highly attentive to accuracy, is very organized and detail-oriented with information capture and documentation. The ideal candidate will also have experience in data governance / data management frameworks, metadata/master data management, data quality, policy creation and data process standards and controls.
- Support the implementation of the data governance framework
- Support data governance working groups and management committees
- Define criteria and metrics to measure data governance policy adoption
- Define and improve processes for managing data along its lifecycle; operationalize data management and governance activities
- Leverage coding and in house tools to automate data governance processes and activities wherever possible
- Ensure data governance practices and activities are embedded across business units; train data stewards/custodians
- Create templates to document data processing systems/applications; help to build and maintain centralized data inventories, data dictionaries and data flows; assign ownership accountability for ongoing maintenance; review submissions for accuracy and completeness
- Regularly interface with various business and technical teams within the organization
- Knowledge and ExperienceMinimum of 5 years of experience in data and technology fields, including significant experience in data governance and management
- Required technical knowledge (3+ years of experience): SQL, Unix/Linux, Perl, shell scripting, data modeling, Visio, MS Office
- Strong knowledge of data governance frameworks, data or information governance standards
- Experience with data management tools and technologies
- Financial services industry experience preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
- Highly accurate and detail oriented
- Excellent organization and time management skills; able to support multiple projects/silos simultaneously
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to liaise with colleagues at all levels
- Excellent writing skills; able to create clear documentation and written communications
- Strong ability to extract information by questioning/interviewing and active listening
- Strong presentation and training skills; adept at visualizing and communicating key ideas
- Ability to work independently
- Self-starter who takes initiative toward and ownership of issues/challenges as they arise
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, Math, Statistics or a related quantitative discipline.