We are looking for Data Entry for our client in Rancho Mirage, CA
Job Title: ?Data Entry
Job Location: Rancho Mirage, CA
Job Type: Contract - 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
This employee is responsible for data entry work associated with daily business/financial office functions. This includes but is not limited to, cash and adjustment posting, account audit tracking (via excel), patient account updating, invoicing, and maintaining financial or statistical reporting.
Specific Skills, Knowledge, Abilities Required:
- Excellent verbal, writing and telephone skills.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Must be multi-tasked.
- Computer knowledge.
Hospital-Wide Supporting Commitments:
- Completes annual health, safety, compliance reviews and any department/hospital specific requirements within the expected time frame.
- Corrects and/or reports any unsafe conditions to extension 4759 or .
- Adheres to hospital and department safety and compliance policies and procedures.
- Understands the importance of immediately reporting on-the-job injuries online and to your supervisor.
- Wears identification badge at all times ensuring it can be read.
- Accepts responsibility for own work; develops trust and credibility with peers, supervisors & customers.
- Maintains sound judgment and reasoning; analyzes problems or procedures & selects correct course of action.
- Treats co-workers as teammates; accepts/supports team decisions and the roles of others.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality; participates in continuous quality improvement.
- Engages in opportunities to learn and grow by participating in training and educational programs.
- Acknowledges each person in a friendly contact & offers assistance as needed.
- Provides an enhanced level of service by taking immediate action in addressing customer requests, needs, and concerns.
- Uses pleasant/appropriate tone and positive verbal/nonverbal/written communication at all times.
- Answers telephone by identifying department and name; and asks ?How may I help you??
- Treats everyone with courtesy and respect, not making excuses nor blaming other employees or departments; works together to improve customer service.
- Maintains a professional image and a clean, orderly environment that portrays an overall image of excellence.
- Promotes a culture of healing by creating a quiet, calm, pleasant and cheerful environment.
- Demonstrates compassion when dealing with difficult situations & takes initiative to resolve.
- Creates a positive environment by not engaging in inappropriate communication.
- Demonstrates a positive, can-do attitude and embraces the culture of performance excellence.
- Adheres to all hospital, division and departmental policies and procedures.
- Balances individual/team responsibilities to produce more efficiently. Helps others during slow periods.
- Adheres to all rules & standards around productivity, timeliness, overtime, & meal/rest periods.
- Provides helpful, courteous, timely, and accurate responses to all individuals & pays attention to detail.
- Makes a concerted effort to conserve hospital resources, i.e. electricity, supplies, water.
- Posts office charges as needed.
- Enters nuclear medicine charges from the charge tickets.
- Posts payments into patient accounts from Medicare, Medical, commercial insurance carriers and patient payments.
- Prepares nuclear medicine charge tickets as needed.
- Audits posted hospital and nuclear medicine changes for accuracy.
- Scans and routs all patient insurance cards.
- Enters insurance and demographic information for all clinic patients.
- Posts charges for all Pacemaker, Heart Monitors, ICD checks, echoes, stress echoes, and ultrasounds.
- Enters all hospital procedures and visit charges including demographics.
- Enters all patient demographic information and charges for the hospital cardiology lab.
- Opens and sorts incoming DCC mail.
- Transmits electronic claims and processing of paper claims.
- Prepares daily bank deposit.
- Processes eligibility verification for all new patients and nuclear procedures prior to scheduled appointments prior to appointment; interferes with Front Office personnel to ensure appropriate insurance documentation has been provided prior to appointment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.