Data Engineers at Publicis.Sapient play a key role within a team of technologists who produce enterprise scale solutions for our clients. Our teams work on the latest data technologies in the Cloud space including BigQuery, Redshift, and Spark, and focus on building out a data warehouse, data integration, or machine learning automation projects in various cloud environments.
As a Data Engineer you will:
- Deliver quality work with little oversight and direction
- Ensure all project deliverables are high quality by adhering to coding standards and best practices and participating in code reviews
- Participate in integrated testing sessions of components and subsystems
- Solve business issues by identifying and analyzing detailed requirements that translate business requirements into data integration and database system designs
- Deliver status updates to team members on a regular basis and escalate issues and risks to project management as needed
- Work collaboratively across teams and with other specialized individuals
- Thrive in a fast-paced, technical environment
The ideal candidate has experience in column-oriented database technologies (i.e. Big Query, Redshift, Vertica, etc.) and traditional database systems (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, etc.); experience with data integration projects and automation via ETL Tools (i.e. Talend, Informatica, SSIS, etc.); experienceworking with different query languages (i.e. PL-SQL, T-SQL); experience in at least one programming language (i.e. Java or Python). Experience in data integration automation via Google DataFlow, Apache Beam, Spark, AWS EMR, etc. a huge plus.