The D. E. Shaw group seeks a data engineering and visualization analyst to join its Human Capital Analytics and Products (HCAP) team. Members of HCAP are curators of employee data and leverage it to help answer strategic and operational talent questions for leaders across the business.
What you’ll do day-to-day
The new team member will help to develop and build reporting solutions in new and existing tools that expand HCAP’s on-demand analytics portfolio. This team member will be responsible for both transitioning existing reports between, and building new reports in, a variety of platforms (e.g., Power BI, Workday, and a proprietary dashboard tool). The position provides the opportunity to develop leadership-facing dashboards and reporting products from the ground up in an inclusive, engaging, and collaborative working environment.
Who we’re looking for
- Ideal applicants will have a bachelor’s degree or higher and zero to three years of relevant work experience working in an early-career product management, data science, or data engineering setting. A computer science degree or equivalent is preferred but not required.
- Successful candidates will be proficient in using Python for data retrieval and transformation. Familiarity with R and applied statistics (especially in a social science setting) is preferred but not required.
- This person should have a passion and an eye for applying data visualization best practices to high-quality reporting products.
- An advanced working knowledge of Excel is also desired, as is experience with business intelligence programs (e.g., Power BI, Tableau).
- Individuals who possess a dedicated customer service mentality, excellent interpersonal communication skills, an ability to see how small details impact the bigger picture, and a knack for rapid problem solving are highly sought after.
- Willingness to dive into details, collaborate effectively with teammates, and drive projects to completion is imperative. The ability to exercise extreme discretion with confidential information is also essential.
- People analytics experience is preferred but not required.