Title : Data Engineering Manager
Location : Dallas, Texas (In Uptown Area)
Your Role :
Join the rewardStyle team! We are looking for you, a talented and passionate leader looking to build out the data strategy and cultivate a team of high performing data engineers. You'll work with a team of highly motivated and fast moving professionals focused on continuing to grow ourselves, our innovative apps and our products.
What you'll do…
- Lead and coach rewardStyle's data engineering team.
- Deliver elegant code alongside your team members while also mentoring your team members.
- Build data delivery services that support critical operational and analytical applications for our business operations, customers and partners.
- Collaborate with Product, Business Intelligence and Client Success teams to understand the requirements and implement them into scalable solutions.
- Recruit and hire data engineers and data scientists.
- Establish and monitor objectives for all employees by providing regular feedback, coaching, training and development that fosters both personal and organizational growth.
- Work and succeed in an agile development environment.
- Be a technical expert and help raise up the teams you are leading.
What we're looking for…
- 7-10+ years of programming expertise in Scala, Python
- 5-10+ years of coding in production big data ecosystem including data engineering and data analysis. Familiarity with the evolving data science practice.
- 3-5 years building and delivering data pipelines, data lakes and ETL solutions at large scale in the cloud.
- Proficiency with Big Data tools such as Spark, Hive, Presto, Athena.
- Proficiency with relational and NoSQL data stores such as Aurora, Postgres
- Self driven to propose and build solutions to reduce infrastructure cost and improve scalability.
- Experience in AWS Big Data and serverless solutions is required (AWS Glue, EMR, Redshift, Athena).
- Advertising domain knowledge is a plus.
What's in it for you?
- Work with a purpose! Power the tech of 50,000+ Entrepreneurs
- Fully stocked bars and kitchen (free snacks all day!)
- Catered meals weekly
- Interesting problems to solve!
- Chair massages
- Strong comp and benefits including 401K
- Laid back office environment
- Flexible work schedule
- Disrupting the commerce industry!