DiscoverOrg is looking for a versatile technology manager to lead our growing team of Data Engineers and Data Architects. This is a player/coach role, part leader and part contributor, perfect for the type of person who not only loves all things data, but loves sharing that passion with everyone on their team. We're looking for someone who can help this skilled group continue to build the data infrastructure our fast-growing, fast-paced organization needs to continue providing world-class customer support to stakeholders at all levels of the organization (and isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty, too).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and 7+ years industry experience
- 2+ years of hands-on experience hiring and managing teams of Data Engineers and 5+ as a hands-on Data Engineer
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Highly proficient in SQL, Python, and Spark, and knowledgeable about data warehousing concepts.
- Skilled team leader and coach, adept at sharing complex technical skills, techniques, and best practices.
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies like Agile
- Strong customer service focus.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Ability to effectively help stakeholders of all skill levels with their data-related needs.
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
- Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
- Experience with Databricks, Airflow, and Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Product technologies.
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for data engineering best practices
- Advanced knowledge and expertise with Data modelling skills, Advanced SQL with MySQL and/or Snowflake, columnar, and graph databases