The Loyalty and Offer Engineering Manager will lead, build and support technology delivery of new capabilities and enhancements to existing capabilities supporting Inspire’s Loyalty Management and Offer Management platforms. The Loyalty and Offer Engineering Manager will be responsible for developing, overseeing and maintaining the data pipelines between our data platforms and Loyalty/Offer Management systems; keeping systems stable, scalable and available. They will also be responsible for streamlining the development process by driving adoption of Agile methodology. Collaborating cross-functionally to deliver the best technical solutions, support stakeholders and develop industry-leading loyalty products.
The ideal candidate will have broad, hands-on experience with software development, Loyalty/Offer Management migrations and technical support. An understanding of data ecosystems (Data Lake on Cloud, Data warehouse, data transformation, data modeling, data distribution using DaaS and other patterns) is a plus. Strong technical, critical thinking, inter-personal skills and vendor management skills are needed. Knowledge of guest communication platforms is a plus.
- Delivery responsibilities for developing, implementing and maintaining data pipelines for Loyalty Management, Offer Management and Guest Communication platforms (data transformation and data ingest/distribution) for new use cases as well as changes to existing functionalities
- Estimate development work effort and build execution plan
- Manage scope, schedule and risk related to development work
- Manage development cost based on effort estimation
- Collaborate with Product, Business and other IT stakeholders to properly manage delivery commitment, expectations, sprint plans and prioritize product backlog
- Work with Solutions Architect for the delivery roadmap and annual planning
- Analyze, resolve and develop highly complex Loyalty/Offer Management production issues, defining approach and guidelines required to resolve issue
- Proactively identify and implement needed system changes, updates, inefficiencies and/or inaccuracies that impact the efficiency and reliability of the system.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- BS in either Information Systems or Computer Science (Prefered)
- 7+ years of software delivery & development experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills; comfort and competence in dealing with different teams within the organization. Requires an ability to interface with multiple constituent groups and build sustainable relationships
- Strong and effective communication skills (verbal, written, listening)
- Experience working in a matrix organization, self-driven
- Ability to prioritize, work to deadlines, work under pressure; results oriented, flexible, adaptable
- Work well independently, can be a team player and team leader
- Versatile, creative temperament, ability to think out-of-the box while defining sound and practical solutions
- Proactive approach to problem solving with effective analytical and influencing skills
- Hands-on design and development experience with multiple data technologies, data warehouse, data integration, ETL, etc.
- Experience with Jira, Azure DevOps will be preferred
- Understanding of Master Data Management, Data Management, etc.
- Experience executing projects using Agile methodologies
- Experience and understanding of data architecture and data mapping
- Experience in Azure Cloud or AWS, Snowflake and Databricks is a plus
- Experience to Java/Python development is a plus
- Exposure to Microsoft technologies like SSIS, SQL Server, SSRS
- Understanding of data science and visualization is a plus