Vydia’s Data Engineering & Business Intelligence efforts are an integral part of our success. Through our data, we nurture our artists, creators, partners, and internal users with insights to help them engage their audience. Our VP of Engineering is currently interviewing candidates for the Data Engineering Lead position, which reports directly to the VP. This key role is responsible for managing our data and BI engineers, providing technical data engineering expertise to the Product Management team, and taking ownership of Vydia’s data environment.
Vydia has a multitude of data pipelines to and from our streaming platform partners (Spotify, iTunes/Apple Music, YouTube, Tidal, TikTok and others). Our Extract-Load-Transform workflows promote quick analysis and richer, complex investigations all at once, and our data warehouse supports both data science and analytics. Of all the terabytes of data we gather, one-third is well-structured, with the remaining being mostly semi-structured and some wholly unstructured.
As a leader on the Data team, your responsibilities will include:
- Lead your team of data engineers and BI engineers in accomplishing business, product, and technical goals.
- Plan, design, and implement ETL/ELT DAGs using Airflow and AWS cloud services like ECS, S3, Redshift, EC2, RDS, EKS, etc.
- Work closely with product engineers to make application data available for product features
- Work closely with business analysts to orchestrate Business Intelligence reporting using Looker
- Integrate with data & reporting APIs to collect data and normalize across multiple sources
- Uphold, introduce, and refine data quality standards, engineering best practices, and KPIs
- Challenge existing structures and thought processes
- Constantly strive to improve engineering workflows and efficiency, and heavily utilize automation whenever applicable
- Optimize data pipelines for performance and scalability
- Work closely with DevSecOps to optimize cloud infrastructure performance and scalability
Reasons to work with us:
- As an Inc 500 Fastest Growing Company in America Vydia offers huge opportunities to grow with the company.
- Vydia was named a Best Place to Work in NJ by NJBIZ in 2017 due to its collaborative, fast paced, and fun, thriving environment
- Full medical/dental/vision package, 401k retirement and financial wellness plans
- Generous vacation policy: work hard and take time when you need it
- Leadership identified as 2019 Billboard Indie Power Player, 2017 Tech Innovator of the year, and highlighted by Entrepreneur Magazine as a builder of one of the most Entrepreneurial companies in America.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Vydia is an end-to-end platform that monetizes content and handles its own supply chain, distribution, data pipelines, complex rights management, and payments. Since its launch, the Inc. 500 video technology company has played a major role in amplifying multiple genres and further supporting the careers of Lil Pump, Post Malone, Jon Z, and Drake Bell. The company has established strategic partnerships with over 200 digital service providers and applications such as Spotify, Apple Music, TikTok, SoundCloud and networks YouTube, Vevo, BET, MTV, Music Choice, and Facebook. Vydia’s technology-first approach enables them to address the needs of the industry and proactively provide solutions with speed.
We want to learn more about you. If you feel like you are the right fit for this role, let us know.
In our mind, being a perfect fit means that you have the necessary hard skills and expertise, and the complimentary soft skills.
- 5+ years of experience with Python and AWS or Google Cloud Platform to manage data and move it between applications – you must be a Python pro
- 2+ years of experience coaching/managing at least a small to mid-sized team of junior engineers
- You intuitively know how to extract value and insights from data
- Extensive experience creating, implementing, and modifying API’s
- Working with deeply nested, complex JSON is a fun day at the office for you
- You can articulate the merits and pitfalls of the different approaches in designing a pipeline, can orchestrate workflows using different pipelines and understand the challenges each presents; experience with Airflow is a plus
- You are passionate about data quality control and know how and where to anticipate potential errors
- You understand what it means to work at a tech startup; hopefully, this is what excites you more than anything else about working here
- You love the idea of building the data scene in NJ and being a leader in this community