Seeking an experienced data guru who can turn business requirements into data driven solutions. You will be responsible for designing the next generation data systems and pipelines, supporting real time visualizations in Tableau and deep learning exercises in Python. You will have direct visibility to our business partners and stakeholders, and will be a partner in building the BI and Analytics team. As the sole data engineer, you will be responsible for database design, tuning, defining and implementing best practices, and presenting platform decisions to ensure that the tools chosen for these solutions are the right ones.
The AVS team is growing quickly and KPIs are being molded from the data being collected today. You must be able to pivot quickly as the BI and DE team is able to identify success factors and reasons for failure, to ensure that insights are leveraged ASAP and missteps are never repeated. You will interact directly with product owners and business leaders to guide data use and accelerate solution design. You will be the owner of defining data engineering scope and timelines to formulate the “what”, “when”, and “how” work will be completed.
· You live and breathe data. You are data driven and have extensive experience in data analytics. You are passionate about finding root causes, trends, and patterns and how they impact business. You use data to support your ideas, drive actionable outcomes, and provide unique ways to present data and information in an easy to consume format.
· You have a wide knowledge base on various tools and technologies to transform and expose data.
· You are very comfortable juggling competing priorities and handling ambiguity. You thrive in an agile and fast-paced environment on highly visible projects and initiatives.
· You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with product and program owners to understand key business questions to build reports that enable questions to be answered quickly and accurately.
· This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, and 4+ years of relevant experience
· Experience in designing and operating large Data Warehouses
· Strong data modelling/architecture skills
· Expert SQL skills
· Expertise in using OLAP technologies
· Design and scripting experience in one of Python, Perl, Shell script
· Capable of investigating, familiarizing and mastering new data sets quickly
· Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
· Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner
· Solid communication skills and team player
· Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities
· Experiencedesigning and implementing real-time visualizations and understanding big datatechnologies supporting data science explorations.
· Experience with multiple database platforms is a plus
· Experience with Amazon Redshift and other AWS technologies
· Experience with enterprise class BI and Analytics tools such as Tableau, R/SAS, and OBIEE
· Master's degree in a quantitative or technical field.
Job ID: 623704