Ultimate Software is looking for a Data Engineer to join our analytics experts within the Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing product development Organization. The individual will be responsible for optimizing our data pipelines and helping to design our next generation analytics environment. The ideal candidate is experienced in data pipeline builder who enjoys building new solutions and optimizing existing solutions. Must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. And be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company's data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
The Data Engineer will support our database architects, business analysts, product owners, and the data scientists on complex data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. You will do so by partnering with stakeholders/teams and building scalable solutions that provide business critical insights and metrics, while ensuring the best uptime and responsiveness.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune's 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business use case.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Build software required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using numerous technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize data to provide actionable insights into customer behavior, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with key personnel to assist with data-related technical issues and product support.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with product teams to strive for greater functionality in our products.
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with Public cloud services
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools and platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, another quantitative filed or relevant work experience.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with numerous large- scale SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Working knowledge of DevOps methodology and Site Reliability Engineering
- Office work involves remaining in a stationary position most of the time in front of a computer, using a keyboard, mouse and telephone. Regularly operate a computer and other office equipment. Occasionally move about the work site to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc. Exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or regularly move objects. Communicate and exchange information with co-workers and other individuals in person and electronically.