TrueCar is seeking to add Engineers to our Data team. This team applies subject matter expertise to source, analyze and validate the automotive data required from internal and external sources. These data engineers are also responsible for data modeling and structuring and aggregating the data in an efficient, accurate and customer relevant manner. Implementing in the following technologies but not limited to:
ABOUT THE JOB
● Design and develop ETL processes that move and transform data in batch and streaming.
● Build complex workflows and orchestrate data dependencies.
● Work within state of the art engineering practices (i.e. SCRUM, unit/integration testing, design review, code reviews, continuous integration, etc.).
● Work productively together with and learn from other top-level players.
● Ability to learn and adapt to continually evolving technologies in the big data ecosystem.
WHAT YOU NEED:
● 4 + years of experience programming in Java.
● 2+ years of experience in the Big Data field.
● Experience in any of the following: MapReduce, Spark, ElasticSearch, HBase, Cassandra, Presto, Pig.
● Proficient in SQL and experience in RDBMs/NoSQL databases.
● Experience working with AWS technology stack – EMR, S3, Data Pipeline, Redshift, Kinesis
● Ability to self-manage tasks and proactive in working with other teams to accomplish them while taking pride and ownership in their work.
● Has strong interpersonal communication skills; effectively communicates in verbal and written form.
NICE TO HAVE:
● Experience in Scala
● Experience in AWS Machine Learning, DataRobot or other Machine Learning technologies.
● BA/BS in related field.