Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Data Engineer plays a key role in developing the data warehouse infrastructure that is used by the entire organization. Our mission is to provide reliable, performant, timely and understandable centralized data services to TKWW. This is a multi-disciplinary role that involves managing infrastructure resources as well as utilizing technologies ranging from low level python and shell coding to enterprise ETL and Business Intelligence reporting tools. The Data Engineer assists in providing the data and information needed for The Knot WorldWide to be the leading data-driven software product company in the wedding events industry.
We are open to this role being based out of our Austin, TX or Washington, DC office locations.
- Extract, load and transform data from The Knot Worldwide and other sources to our DataWarehouse for the consumption of our end users.
- Design and develop solutions for integration between disparate systems which include cloud-based sources such as Salesforce and Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Maintaining current ETL processes and resolve daily ETL job failures as they arise.
- Resolve Ad-hoc data questions from the organization in a timely and accurate manner.
- Continuous improvement on current ETL processes to ensure accuracy, timeliness and scalability as data volumes grow.
- Document built processes and data content and publish needed information to our data dictionary
SUCESSFUL DATA ENGINEER CANDIDATES HAVE:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field is preferred. An advanced degree or professional licensing is a plus.
- Programming experience and a demonstrated interest in statistical analysis, informatics, analytics, or business intelligence
- Minimum of 5+ years experience with SQL and Data Warehouse development and ETL
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the following Databases (MYSQL, PostgreSQL, Snowflake, MSSQL, Redshift)
- Scripting skills using shell, python or ruby
- Experience with standard warehousing concepts like Data Marts and Dimensional Modeling
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Present ideas, expectations and information in a concise, well-organized way.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on BI requirements, products, and services.
- Manage time well, correctly prioritizing tasks.
IT'S A BONUS IF YOU HAVE:
- Knowledge of data warehouse schema design and architecture.
- Experience with at least one Business Intelligence tool such as Qlik and Metabase
- Experience with Big Data Solutions such as Snowflake, Redshift, Google BigQuery or Hadoop.
- Experience with ETL tools such as Matillion, Boomi, Informatica, SSIS,, etc.
- Programming experience with Ruby, Python, Shell Scripting.