As a Data Engineer in Technology Development at Micron, we are seeking a Data Engineer capable of designing and implementing large data solutions from data streams and intelligent systems, including transforming, supporting, configuring, and enhancing existing data solutions.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- You will collaborate in data architecture.
- Work closely with Data Scientists to employ techniques and theories drawn from areas of mathematics, statistics, and information technology to uncover patterns in data from which predictive models, actionable insights, and solutions can be developed.
- You will interact with experienced Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Business Areas Engineers, and UX teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis projects and improvement of existing tools.
- Enable data in structure and performance to help develop software programs, algorithms and/or automated processes to cleanse, integrate, and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources.
- Desire to grow career as Data Engineer in highly automated industrial manufacturing doing analysis and machine learning on terabytes and petabytes of diverse datasets.
- Strong software development skills with one or more high-level client, object-oriented languages listed: (C#, JAVA, Python, Scala)
- Design and implement optimum data structures in the appropriate data management system within Hadoop, Hive, SQL Server, etc to satisfy the performance and accuracy requirements
- Identify and select the optimum methods of access for each data source (real-time/streaming, delayed, static)
- Determine transformation requirements and develop processes to bring structured and unstructured data from the source to a new physical Data Model
- Work with Data Scientists to implement strategies for cleaning and preparing data for analysis, to develop data imputation algorithms, and optimize performance of big data and machine learning systems
- Identify and understand the data sources that are relevant to the business problem
- Define and follow data quality objectives for the solution and data integrity
- Translate analysis requirements into data requirements
- Optimize table schema based on usage patterns. Actively participate in growing and develop the team of data engineers
- Ensure that the data is fit to use for data science applications
- Plan methods for archiving/deletion of information
- Experienced in developing ETL/ELT processes using SSIS and/or Apache Ni-Fi
- Significant knowledge of database architecture and tools
- Experienced in Hadoop, Hive, HBASE, Spark (including tuning of data structures)
- Fluent in relational databases design and SQL
- Strong data validation skills
- Experience working with streaming data
- Excellent multi-tasking, time-management, organization and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective relationships from different disciplines
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to be detailed oriented and able to follow complex procedures
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn and self-improve
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop, propose, and implement effective plans to improve overall efficiency
- Demonstrated analytical problem-solving skills with ability to troubleshoot complex problems and address root causes
- Proven ability to communicate and present technical information effectively
Education and Experience:
- BS + 4 years professional work experience on a data science team
- Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics