Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Take data oriented projects from start to finish, including requirements, scope, architecture, development, releases and maintenance
- Lead and manage teams’ sprints, and deliverables
- Drive code quality throughout the data teams and be an ambassador for the craft of development.
- Design best practices for big data processing throughout the company
- Translate from technical to business, and vice versa. You need to be able to speak with the least technically-minded client (internal or external) and make technology make sense to them. Then turn around and do it the other way
- Working with high volumes of data to efficiently process and expose for analysis
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to help contribute
You Should Have
- 2+ years in a leadership/management capacity or 5+ years experience with leadership responsibilities in a technology team (stakeholder communication, project management, mentoring junior members, code reviews, etc)
- 10+ years experience with Python or another general purpose programming language
- SQL is virtually as effortless as your native spoken language
- Expertise with big data toolsets. Bonus if it include Spark, Python, Hive.
- Background in ETL and data processing, know how to transform data to meet business goals
- Experience running agile projects
- Excellent communication, adaptability and collaborative skills
- Enthusiasm for the job. Are you excited about data? Do you love your users? Good, the same goes for us
- A bachelor's degree, in a computer-related discipline.
Got these? Even better
- Experience rolling out data pipelines at scale using Amazon AWS or another cloud provider
- Real time pipeline management using streams or anothertechnology
- Ability to work effectively with remote teams and team members.
- Rigorous attention to detail and accuracy