At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Data Engineer Sr. within PNC's Enterprise Data Management (EDM) technology organization, you will be based in Cleveland, OH. This position will be on the Big Data Solutions team and will work on Big Data projects using the Enterprise Hadoop platform, in support of business initiatives.
- Develops, supports and implements data services for multiple applications to meet business objectives and user requirements.
- Works closely with users, developers, operations and business partners to define data service requirements and the data preparation process development.
- Designs and builds data service infrastructure on multiple data platforms, according to key business processes and the overall workflow.
- Develops and implements data solutions for multiple applications to ensure its scalability, availability and maintainability.
- Implements data migration and transformation activities/processes to ensure the accuracy and security of data solutions.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Big Data Management and Analytics - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge and ability to plan and execute, big data management and analytics.
APPLICATION DELIVERY PROCESS - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.
Business Intelligence - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize business processes and technologies for gathering, storing, analyzing, and providing access to data that helps the organization make better business decisions.
Data Analysis - Software - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the investigation, evaluation, interpretation, and classification of data; the ability to identify, collect and analyze data to facilitate the development, implementation and application of software systems.
Data Architecture - Working Experience
- Knowledge and ability to create models and standards to govern which data is collected, and how it is stored, arranged, integrated, and put to use in data systems and in organizations.
Database Structures - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize appropriate database structures to organize and store data in a particular manner.
Problem Solving - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Software Development Life Cycle - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and experience with using a structured methodology for delivering new or enhanced software products to the marketplace.
Consulting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
RequiredEducation and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.