We are looking for a Data Engineer to be part of our Applications Engineering team. This person will design, develop, maintain and support our Enterprise Data Warehouse & BI platform within Tesla using various data & BI tools, this position offers unique opportunity to make significant impact to the entire organization in developing data tools and driving data driven culture.
- Work in a time constrained environment to analyze, design, develop and deliver Enterprise Data Warehouse solutions for Tesla’s Finance and Accounting teams
- Work on ETL tools like SSIS and Informatica, Business Intelligence & Reporting tools like SSRS, SSAS and Tableau
- Work with systems that handle sensitive data with strict SOX controls and change management processes
- Develop collaborative relationships with key business sponsors and IT resources for the efficient resolution of work requests.
- Provide timely and accurate estimates for newly proposed functionality enhancements
- critical situation
- Communicate technical and business topics, as appropriate, in a 360 degree fashion, when required; communicate using written, verbal and/or presentation materials as necessary.
- Develop, enforce, and recommend enhancements to Applications in the area of standards, methodologies, compliance, and quality assurance practices; participate in design and code walkthroughs.
- Utilize technical and domain knowledge to develop and implement effective solutions; provide hands on mentoring to team members through all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Agile practices.
5+ years of experience in SSIS, Informatica 9.X/10.X on in large/medium scale implementations
Must have strong experience in Data Warehouse ETL design and development, methodologies, tools, processes and best practices
Experience in Finance functional areas like planning and budgeting, accounting, business intelligence, procure-to-pay, order-to-cash
Understanding of SOX controls and audits procedures
Strong experience in stellar dashboards and reports creation for C-level executives
3+ years of development experience in Open Source technologies like Python, Java
Experience in Big Data processing using Apache Hadoop/Spark ecosystem applications like Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka and HDFS preferable
Excellent query writing skill and communication skills
Familiarity with common API’s: REST, SOAP
- As a full time Tesla employee you will receive full benefits from day 1 for you and your dependents.
- Kaiser and UnitedHealthcare PPO and HSA plans (including infertility coverage)
- 3 medical plan choices with $0 paycheck contribution
- Vision & dental plans (including orthodontic coverage)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability
- 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Employee Assistance Program, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and employee discounts