$80K — $100K *
Who You’ll Work With
We help people improve the future with data. The D&A core team drives strategic direction and initiatives. We accelerate innovation and learning, aggregate offerings and customer stories, and amplify a One Slalom voice to the customer. As a Data Engineer, you will have the opportunity to design, create and manage extremely large data sets. You know and love working with analytics tools, can write excellent SQL, and ETL code (e.g. SSIS, Informatica, etc), and can leverage your technical skills and creative approaches to help clients solve their most critical business challenges. You are proficient in cloud platforms and are responsible for contributing to client delivery, complex solutioning and knowledge management. Engineers are an integral part of Portland’s Data and Analytics Practice and in addition to working with clients, will have the chance to collaborate closely with members of the Slalom team who are focused on data visualization, advanced analytics, data science, data strategy, and process. Slalom is proud to be a Premier AWS partner, Microsoft Gold partner and Google Premier partner.
What You’ll Do
• Design, construct, test, optimize, and deploy solutions.
• Deliver transformative solutions to clients that are aligned to industry best practices and provide thought leadership in data architecture and engineering space.
• Possess exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Have experience with both traditional (e.g., MSBI) and modern (e.g., cloud) data architecture.
• Collaborate as a part of a team to develop Cloud Data and Analytics solutions.
• Assist in designing multi-phased cloud data strategies, including designing multi-phased implementation roadmaps.
• Analyze, architect, design and actively develop cloud data warehouse, data lakes and other cloud-based data solutions.
• Participate in development of cloud data warehouses and business intelligence solutions.
• Exemplify strong focus on back end data integration.
• Demonstrate strong focus on the design and development of data warehouses.
• Highly self-motivated to deliver both independently and with strong team collaboration.
• Ability to creatively take on new challenges and work outside comfort zone.
• Solid written and oral communications along with presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Comfortable conducting and supporting white-boarding sessions, workshops, design sessions, and project meetings as needed, playing a key role in client relations.
• Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and analytics techniques.
What You’ll Bring
• Quantitative background with 3+ years of experience applying data architecture or engineering to solve real-world business problems.
• 4+ years of data engineering and/or data warehousing experience.
• 2+ years of building cloud data solutions (AWS, Azure, GCP, Snowflake).
• Experience with:
• Relational and dimensional database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
• Manipulating / mining data from database tables (SQL Server, Redshift, Oracle).
• SQL, ETL / ELT optimization, and analytics tools including R, HiveQL, and Python.
• Big data application development and/or with cloud data warehousing (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Redshift, Snowflake, Azure, SQL DW, BigQuery)..
• Solution architecture on cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, an GCP.
• Cloud SDKs and programmatic access services.
• Practical knowledge of data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI) a plus.
• Expert programming skills in Python and a software development background.
• Experience writing "infrastructure as code" deployments e.g. ARM, CloudFormation, Terraform.
• Understanding of cloud strategies and best practices expanding into cloud networking, cloud security, encryption, private cloud configuration, and overall cloud governance approaches.
Valid through: 1/21/2022
$70K + $35K bonus *
3 days ago