Simple Energy is a fast-paced, Boulder-based startup. We graduated TechStars in 2011 and have continued growing and improving since. We are changing the world by helping people understand and reduce their energy consumption. We’re looking for someone to join our team and help us continue that effort.
We are searching for an experienced, disciplined Data Engineer who is passionate about changing the way millions of people save energy. You’ll work within the Engineering Team to use data to improve our platforms (especially our API layers and data processing) to deliver flexible and creative solutions to our utility partners and end users. And you’ll work on a great team, get excellent benefits, and stock options All in a fast-growing Boulder startup.
Required Technical Skills:
- Understanding of version control systems, particularly GIT
- Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (e.g. Python, Java, etc)
- Demonstrate the ability to digest complex business requirements and translate them into impactful reporting models
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres
- Experience building/operating systems for data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
- Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
- Be excited to work with talented, committed people in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Be passionate about energy consumption and making a difference in the world
- Love developing great software -- some of your proudest moments involve GitHub
- Be capable of prioritizing your work to adhere to a deliverable schedule and ensure successful delivery that exceeds expectations
- Have a strong eye for detail and quality of your code.
- Not be afraid to dig into hard problems, and enjoy experimenting to come up with simple, elegant solutions.
Not necessary, but it would be great if you had:
- Experience with scalable service architecture and design
- Experience with automating and improve creation/maintenance of reports and dashboards.
- Experience with several AWS features
- Experience with automation and deployment (e.g. Terraform, Cloudformation).