Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.
Our Data IT Strategy consultants help our clients improve business value through optimizing the efficiency and effectiveness of their IT capabilities. This high performing group plays a critical role in multi-disciplinary strategy teams. We enable our clients to understand, plan for, and realize strategic opportunities presented by information technology through a collection of capabilities such as Enterprise IT Management, Mission Enablement, and IT Transformation.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using ETL tools.
- Improve enterprise-wide data gathering, storage, and preparation to optimize data analysis capacity.
- Assist with development of designs that enhance the data infrastructure, improve reliability and maintainability of data storage solutions, and minimize duplicate instances of data (e.g., master data management).
- Support design discussions, code reviews and help develop performant solutions to maintain a high level of quality in data systems through sound development and data management practices.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in a related field.
- US Citizenship is contractually required.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- In-depth knowledge of the software development lifecycle (design, build, test, deploy, support).
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience using the Agile methodology.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems and resolve issues independently.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering OR equivalent years of relevant work experience.
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.