There has never been a better time to join Scotiabank as a Data Engineer. The Data Engineer role in the Data Analytics in Compliance team at Scotiabank is designed for individuals with a curiosity for deriving insights out of data and applying them to address business opportunities.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Exposure to different business lines where analytics techniques are being applied
- Assignment in hands-on practical projects which provide an opportunity to gain new knowledge and develop skills
- Ongoing training and learning program with resources like books, conferences and networking with Subject Matter Experts at Analytics in Scotiabank
A compensation program with competitive salary, opportunities for annual performance incentives based on performance thresholds, a competitive benefits program and continuing education programs.
- Provide technical expertise in designing and implementing a data model for common usage of the Data Analytics team in Compliance. This includes providing proper documentation and generating data features required for modelling, reporting and adhoc analysis.
- Manage and participate "hands-on" in promoting codes into production, software release builds and testing, as well as application deployment mechanisms to development, testing and production environments.
- Provide technical expertise, guidance, advice and knowledge transfer to all development staff on all aspects of code management, automated release builds and code deployment.
- May be required to carry a beeper/mobile phone and be available at all times to provide support to the system during release builds.
- Maintain a good understanding of the Bank's business strategies, business policies, risk management and IT processes and disciplines. This requires working with enterprise data management office, technology teams and channels to ensure that the data flow captures all clickstream and transaction data generated from customer interaction through digital channels.
- University degree in relevant STEM discipline (Computer Sciences, Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering, Mathematics)
- Experience cleaning, transforming and visualizing large data sets working with various data formats (e.g. unstructured logs, XML, JSON, flat files, audio, image)
- Hands-on experience with Big Data ecosystem tools (e.g., Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Spark, Kafka) and experience with NoSQL databases (e.g., Hbase, Cassandra, Druid)
- Production experience with statistical analysis and machine learning with common machine Learning libraries in R, Python, Spark
- Programming skills in Java, C++ or Python
- Must have hands-on experience with Systems Analysis & Design
- Experience with UNIX tools and shell scripting
- Solid SQL skills for querying relational databases (e.g., SQL Server, DB2, MySQL, Sybase)
- Experience using and implementing visualization tools like D3, Tableau or Qlikview
Requisition ID: 13450