Title: Data Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: Full Time Permanent Role
· Company is looking for a Data Engineer to provide technical leadership and contribute to the definition, development, integration, test, documentation, and support across multiple platforms (Cloud, Unix, Hadoop, Oracle and Informatica utilities)
· Analyze, assimilate and integrate multi-technology data systems by building a unified back-end platform and a web enabled front-end
· Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
· Involve in all phases of software development from review of functional specification through assisting with test plans and final QA cycle. Actively participates in monitoring and troubleshooting of production platform related issues
· Perform day-to-day tasks that ensure technology platform remains stable and available to users. Closely work with cross functional team to enhance systems, trouble-shoot data issues, etc.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent is desired
· Over 8 years of post-college working experience with full life cycle of ETL development in Data Warehouse and Data Integration projects using Informatica or any other similar ETL tool and Big Data
· More than 6 years Linux/Unix/Perl experience, including scripting and version control with working knowledge of Oracle database
· Five years or more of experience in Unix development is required
· Over 2 years of Hadoop using Map Reduce or Hive or Pig or any other Bid Data eco-system tool.
· Expertise in Shell scripting, system/process automation is required
· Expertise in data research/analysis with a focus on data quality and consistency is required