Transform legal research with bleeding-edge search technology. Change how law is practiced with quicker, easier and more relevant access to legal knowledge. Make it easier for lawyers around the world to navigate more than 81 billion richly annotated legal documents to find exactly what they need. Be part of LexisNexis in Raleigh at our global center of excellence.
Our technology is making a dramatic improvement in the work of lawyers as they seek to build peace and prosperity for societies around the world. When you join us in developing the next-generation search platform for LexisNexis, you will play a role that is bigger than you might have ever imagined.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and scale data infrastructure that powers batch and real-time data processing of billions of records.
- Design and build scalable data ingestion and enrichment pipelines (machine learning inference)
- Automate and handle life-cycle of the systems and platforms that process our data
- Provide visibility into the health of our data platform (comprehensive view of data flow, resources usage, data lineage, etc)
- Mentor teammates on algorithms, data structures, design patterns
- Evolve maturity of our data quality and monitoring systems
- Implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- Passion for big data and creative ideas for what to do with it
- Expertise in any of the following programming language: Java, Scala, C++, Python
- Experience working with data technologies that power analytics (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, etc.)
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with SQL and/or No-SQL
- Experience with any cloud solutions (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Nice to have ArgoCD, Lucene, Solr, Elasticsearch, OpenSearch, Grafana, Jenkins (CI/CD)
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.