We are looking for Data Engineer - Remote / Telecommute for our client in Quincy, MA
Job Title: Data Engineer - Remote / Telecommute
Job Location: Quincy, MA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
- As a Data Engineer, you will work with multiple teams to deliver solutions on the Azure Cloud using core cloud data warehouse tools (Hadoop, Spark, and other Big Data related technologies).
- In addition to building the next generation of data platforms and/or improving recent implementations.
- This is a data engineer from the application side.
- Must be able to analyse multi sources that provide data and develop strategies for populating data lakes.
- This is not an infrastructure position.
- This person may be called upon to do complex coding using U-SQL
- Work as part of a team to develop Cloud Data and Analytics solutions
- Participate in development of cloud data warehouses, data as a service, business intelligence solutions
- Data wrangling of heterogeneous data
- Ability to provide solutions that are forward-thinking in data and analytics
- Work Eastern Standard Time Hours
- Delivery a quality product
- Coding complex U-SQL
- 3 years hand on experience with Azure
- Broad depth of knowledge of the Azure environment
- Proven experience with data warehousing, data ingestion and data profiling
- Proficient in a source code control system such as GIT
- Understands capability of Informatica with Azure
- Proven work history with U-SQL application development coding
- Familiar with T-SQL, Hive, Spark, Python, etc
- Ability to code
- Logic Apps
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Data Lakes (structured or unstructured)
- Data Mapping from source to cloud
- Ability to translate current legacy code to cloud programming languages
- MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio)
- Ability to create data flows using Visio
- Ability to use word to create required technical documentation
- Excellent Written and Verbal Skills (English)
- Team Player
- Flexible (during some implementations work hours may change)
- Work hours eastern standard time 8 AM to 5 PM
- Good attitude
- Resolve technical issues once the TL explain the environment.
- Good grasping power skill.
- Good troubleshooting skill.
- Good communication and attitude
- Willingness to work to meet project deadline.
- B.Tech, BE, MCA, M. Tech or equivalent technical degree from a reputed college with above experience.