Data Engineer (Python, Machine Learning)
Less than 5 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
Are you a high-performing software engineer passionate about building production-quality applications using cutting-edge machine learning algorithms? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies to engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. At Capital One’s Center for Machine Learning (C4ML), you'll be part of an elite team accelerating machine learning solutions within Capital One by building enterprise-class applications that solve big problems and meet real customer needs.
As a Data Engineer in C4ML, you will build fast data and machine learning solutions to address some of the many complex problems in the financial services industry. Capital One leverages full stack technology solutions including streaming big data, state of the art machine learning, micro-service architecture, distributed computation engines, and intuitive visualizations in the cloud. We work with several cutting-edge technologies and actively develop and contribute to the open source community. You will work alongside highly technical peers, with deep domain expertise (from cyberthreat prevention to sophisticated NLP), and partner with product and business teams to deliver game changing solutions for our customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 2 years of experience with Python, Java or Scala
- At least 2 years of experience in deploying scalable, distributed systems or multi-node database paradigms.
- Master’s Degree or PhD
- At least 2 years of experience with cloud software design using microservices and distributed caching
- At least 2 years of experience delivering applications from architectural design to production implementation
- At least 1 year of experienceworking with Machine Learning, Deep Learning or Artificial Intelligence
Job ID R50117