As an early member of the data team, you will pick the right blend of existing open source technologies like Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Spark and custom tooling required to democratize data access. You will also be establishing best practices and promoting the correct use of data and analytics at the company.
What you'll do:
- Build and scale data infrastructure that powers batch and real-time data processing of billions of records daily.
- Provide visibility into health of our data platform (comprehensive view of data flow, resources usage, data lineage, etc).
- Automate and handle life-cycle of the systems that ingest and process our data.
- Provide implementations to expose actionable data to internal teams, applications and external partners.
- Own and document foundational company metrics with a clear definition and data lineage.
Who you are :
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- 3+ years of experience working in data architecture, data modeling, master data management, metadata management.
- Proficiency with object-oriented and/or functional programming languages (e.g. Java, Scala, Python, Go)
- Very strong experience in scaling and optimizing schemas, performance tuning SQL and ETL pipelines in the OLTP, OLAP and Data Warehouse environments.
- Deep understanding of relational as well as NoSQL data stores.
- Hands-on experience with Big Data technologies (e.g Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Presto).
- Deep understanding of data persistence (relational, key/value, document, columnar, graph).
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, able to effectively collaborate with technical and business partners.
- Strong dedication to code quality, automation and operational excellence: unit/integration tests, scripts, workflows.
Why you might want to work with us:
- We take care of you and your family with health, vision, and dental insurance.
- We're serious about food. Free catered lunch every day, and a fully stocked kitchen with occasional snack appearances from our Japanese office. Healthy and not-so-healthy options are available, as are foods for those with dietary restrictions.
- You're excited to work on a product that will impact almost any consumer, almost anywhere.
- We dress casually. If you want, you can wear slippers in the office. You should see the creative collection our team has built.
- We believe in a culture of learning, and want to keep building our skills, experiences, and capabilities.
- We offer flexible work schedules. We trust our team to know how they will do their best work.
- We're family friendly. We want our teammates to focus on what they need to when they need to.
- We offer very competitive compensation, including equity in Standard, to each one of our employees.