The data engineer will be primarily attached to the data management team and provide much needed support to migrate data (and reports) from an existing legacy system to a new enterprise application. In addition, this resource will be deeply involved in the designing, development and documentation of a new enterprise data warehouse.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Reverse engineering of existing reports to retrieve and document technical specifications (data source, column definitions, etc.).
- Data migration and mapping from legacy systems to a new transactional system.
- Building of a new data warehouse.
- Required Qualifications:
- Exposure to cross-functional teams to facilitate solutions to meet business needs.
- Assisting in the preparation of strategic analysis and findings for department leadership and key stakeholders.
- Developing metrics and creating ad-hoc reporting as needed. Assist internal customers with acceptance and adoption of implemented solutions.
- Adhering to best practices for problem analysis, concept evaluation, systems design, database development, modification, testing, and evaluation to ensure quality and consistency.
- Conducting training to various audiences for data related issues and technical applications as needed.
- Recommending solution options for data and reporting needs, and provide technical advice where needed to support companywide objectives and goals and resolve problems.
- Interact with the business to understand change in processes, data implications and potential reporting modifications.
- Documenting the types and structure of the business data (logical modelling).
- Analysing and mining business data to identify correlations among the various data points.
- Mapping and tracing data from source to target systems in order to solve a given business or system problem.
- Designing and creating data reports and dashboards to help the business in their decision making.
- Perform statistical analysis of business data.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis.
Required Technical Qualifications:
- SQL Development
- Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Tableau
Bonus Technical Qualifications:
- OLTP and OLAP modelling and design
- Data warehousing concepts
- Power BI
- C#, PowerShell, DAX, MDX