Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Data Engineer is responsible for the development of complex data transformations for support of data warehousing, visualization, and self-service products within Penn Medicine’s Data Analytics Center.
We are looking for a developer for our ever-growing team who enjoys working in an Agile methodology, wants to be part of solutions designs, and is comfortable working with billions of rows of information. We are a tight-knit team of experienced developers who enjoy pushing the boundaries of innovation and improving patient’s lives one byte at a time. Our commitment is to our patients.
We will be seeking a teammate to fit into our easygoing environment yet shares the values of hard work toward a meaningful result. We are a team of constant learners, always looking for new ways and new technologies to solve ever larger problems and will expect the candidate to be comfortable with this as well.
We will expect the candidate to leverage their knowledge of SQL, scripting, programming, and/or past history of utilizing an enterprise ETL platforms to expand our boundaries and continue to build life-changing products. This individual will be required to ensure that the extracted, transformed, and displayed information meets all clinical and business requirements of the organization and end-users. This will entail creating new as well as maintaining and modifying existing development.
In addition, this individual will be required to provide technical counsel and guidance to other team members, consultants, IS Staff, and end-users. This candidate will be responsible for creating and maintaining accurate project and process documentation.
If you’d like to learn more about the Data Analytics Center, please visit our website!
Degree Requirements and Minimum Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Current Internal Penn Medicine Information Services division employees may be considered with proof of active and continued enrollment in an approved bachelor degree program.
• Minimum of 5 years data warehousing, ETL and/or data visualization experience required.
• Experience with databases and data architecture is required.
• Superior problem solving skills, the ability to work independently, and great communication skills are required.
• Experience with MS-SQL, T-SQL, Oracle, PL/SQL, and/or advanced data processing tools such as IBM DataStage, Oracle Endeca, etc is required.
• Experience working with a variety of data formats, such as XML, JSON preferred.
• Experience with very large data sets.
• Experience with Big Data Solutions.
• Knowledge of healthcare data/systems is preferred.
- Job ID: 66272