Why We Need You
PEMCO is seeking a Data Engineer for the highly collaborative Product Pricing Support team. Responsible for contributing to the empowerment of Product analysts helping build a fast, reliable, easy-to-understand pricing support environment for rate/product changes and product related reporting.
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop the ETL processes necessary to acquire the required data
- Develop the rating engine used to determine current rates
- Establish programmatic verification methodologies.
- Modify the rating engine to evaluate proposed rate levels
- Collaborate with the Product Pricing Support team, Product Analysts, and IT technical teams
What You Bring
- 4-year degree in a quantitative discipline.
- A high level of initiative and motivation with strong attention to detail and driven by a desire for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Three years of experience in developing production ETL processes with deep experience in SSIS package development
- Strong SQL skills primarily on the MS SQL Server platform
- Excellent data analysis and mathematics skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, and develop alternative solutions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and informatively.
- The ability to easily shift between working independently and collaboratively
- Insurance industry experience
- Experience with modeling relational data
- Experience with Business Objects/SAP Data Integrator
- Ability to read C# code
We've Got You Covered
- Competitive salary
- 200% match on your 401(k) up to 6% of your pay
- Generous medical, dental, disability and life insurance plans
- A friendly, professional work environment
- The opportunity to work at a place of integrity, where customer service is emphasized