Foot Locker, Inc. is seeking a hands-on ops engineer who has a proven track record of building enterprise level platform components to support product development from multiple teams and lines of business. This role is expected to implement best practices for Cloud Architecture, DevOps, Orchestration, and Monitoring while working with our infrastructure organization on figuring out the most secure, best path forward for both teams to work efficiently together. This engineer’s work will a be responsible for maximizing system uptime and enabling rapid product release cycles via automation.
This role will include, but will not be limited to the following responsibilities:
- Enable our product teams to rapidly deliver code / features through DevOps, Cloud, etc.
- Build out automation around any type of technology / frameworks we bring into the team
- Help migrate teams without build automation, to our target state
- Implement our Cloud deployment strategy / infrastructure-as-code / DevOps alignment with infrastructure
- Make sure we are utilizing secure practices throughout the implementation of our DevOps and Deployment cycles
- Continiously monitor cost and help improve our Azure spend via cost effective infrastructure / platform decisions
- Supply a standard platform DevOps work flow by feature so that our product teams are focused on delivering product, not how to deliver it
- Maintain comprehensive documentation around our processes / decision making
- Keep the system up at all times, may require off hours work to fix critical issues blocking the business
- Bachelors Degree in Computer science or related field
- 6+ or more years of related information technology experience
- 2-5 years of strong experience directly related to cloud computing Azure, AWS, GCP, Nutanix, SDDC
- Industry recognized certifications (simiar to below):
- Azure / AWS Solutions Architect
- TOGAF certified architect
- J2EE Architect
- Experience with supporting Data Science and Hadoop based environments
- Deep familiarity with PaaS services, containers, orchestrations specifically around Docker and Kubernetes
- Demonstrated experience with the Scrum Agile methodology
- Ability to influence others using reasoning, persuasion, and negotiation; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to learn new technologies in a short time.
- Must possess well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong technical presentations skills to Senior Executives
- Previous experience at a fortune 500 company
The Ops Engineer does not have direct supervisory responsibilities but they are expected to demonstrate leadership and mentor other team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The successful candidate will have a high degree of motivation, exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to derive answers from communications with multiple parts of the business. This person will also require the ability to work well within a team atmosphere and has the flexibility to help with a variety of the department goals.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from a four-year college or university; or Associate degree in programming from a technical college; and 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The candidate must be able to communicate with others in a simple, clear, and understandable manner. Must also have the ability to read and interpret all forms of communication. The ability to write reports for management and professional correspondence, as well as to speak effectively before peers, management, customers, and other associates of the organization is required.
The candidate must effectively plan and execute unusual and difficult work. Takes initiative and is decisive and quick, when appropriate. All while adhering to the team’s standards and patterns and practices. Must have the ability to solve practical and impractical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Deals constructively with conflict and disagreement