At NETE, data is important to us and to our customers. We process large volumes of data and transform it into information that powers decisions for thousands of researchers, scientists, and/or medical professionals. Our work has significant impact on the medical and scientific communities we serve. Your work here matters and has real impact. If you want to learn, grow, and help then this is the job for you.
NETE is seeking a highly motivated Data Engineer to work in a collaborative, intellectually-challenging environment on (i) an exciting research project on research evaluation in collaboration with a global corporation (ii) a second project developing a production database of linkages between biomedical research output such as scientific publications, patents, devices, therapeutics, and grant records at a major federal agency.
- The position incorporates elements of the roles of a data engineer, data wrangler, data scientist, and a junior data architect.
- The position is not intended to be a training experience for candidates with weak skills.
- The incumbent will, however, gain advanced skills and research experience eventually becoming competitive for elite positions in the national job market.
- Design and implement ETL strategies for diverse sets of structured and unstructured data.
- Manage cloud-based Linux servers.
- Analyze data to better understand their features and relationships between variables.
- Work in a highly collaborative manner with members of a close-knit team while exhibiting independent and creative thought.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline, e.g. Information Science, Statistics, or Mathematics. Master's degree is preferred.
- Experience with data integration, harmonization, and curation is desired.
- Must be competent with Python, SQL, and Linux.
- Programming experience with Apache Spark, Java, C/C++ in an agile development environment is a plus.
- Research experience is a plus.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to work collaboratively.
- Promising applicants will be tested for programming competence during the interview process.