Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group, a member of American Financial Group, is a Fortune 500 company consistently recognized as a top place to work. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
Great American's Predictive Analytics division is looking for a Data Engineer to join their growing and dynamic team.
- Work with project team and business stakeholders to determine data requirements for analysis
- Acquire and manipulate internal and external data to create clean reproducible data sets to facilitate predictive modeling
- Build comprehensive data sets from various source systems including Hadoop, Oracle warehouses/marts, SQL Server, API’s, XLS, etc.
- Work with Information Technology to develop production solutions to bring predictive analytics to the enterprise
- Research and evaluate new methods and tools to improve data gathering processes
- Design and implement database structures for modeling solutions
- Complete descriptive analyses on various data sets
- Research business unit queries regarding model outputs; this includes score shifts, missing items, reason messages, etc.
- Superior organizational leadership skills.
- Integrates multiple concepts across job functions with a goal of overall benefit to the organization.
- Ability to communicate, develop and leverage strategic business relationships across the organization and externally.
- Requires advanced technical and business knowledge.
- Self-motivated team player who excels in a collaborative environment.
- Contributes beyond job role and responsibilities.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong SQL and database knowledge (Oracle preferred)
- Understanding of ETL techniques and processes
- Strong Excel knowledge/experience including Macros and VB development
- SOAP and REST web service experience testing and development
- Previous experience in the P&C insurance industry
- Report development/design experience (Tableau / Cognos preferred)
- Strong Software Engineering practices developing enterprise applications – Java, Spring, XML, JDBC/JPA/Hibernate
- Familiar with approximate string matching techniques (fuzzy matching)
- Hadoop Development– interfacing with data stored in Hadoop environment (Familiar with technologies including: Hive, Pig, Spark, HDFS, Sqoop, Flume, HAWQ, Zeppelin)
- Experience with Informatica Data Quality Suite & Infomatica Data Integration Suite (PowerCenter)
- Experience in Linux
- Experience with R/R-Studio
- Text Mining experience utilizing Python or R a plus
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Technology, Informatics, Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience
Experience: 0-6 years of relevant experience.
Job ID 23373