Role: Data Engineer
Location: McLean, VA
Interview Process: F2F preferred, Skype okay for Non Locals.
Notes: LOB: HR, Data Mgmt.
Project: Maintaining data in cloud ecosystem, building data pipeline
- AWS exposure, including S3 and Redshift
- ETL tool expertise (Ab Initio preferred but will take any. They are using Hydrograph but manager doesn?t expect anyone out there to really have this)
- Java, Scala, Python. Comfortable with programming languages.
- Familiarity with GitHub.
Nice to have
- Spark (conducting data transformation on this framework)
- Exposure to DevOps, esp. Jenkins (?would be extremely helpful?)
- Day to day: develop data pipeline from beginning to end, break data into stories. Use AWS to consume/transform data. Some data resources require a lot of transformation, others require little. Leverage java to extend functionality of ETL tools. Work is more on ETL than Java.
- Developed/deployed a data pipeline on AWS