Please review the job details below.
Maxar is looking to add a Data Engineer. The Data Engineer will work directly with Maxar's One World Terrain (OWT) Engineering and subcontractor teams by providing data development services. The Data Engineer will be primarily responsible for collection and management of all source data, development of processes for maps, development of the conflation process, support OWT Data Model development initiatives, and development of the airport data production process. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working with GIS engineers in a distributed, DoD development environment.Minimum Requirements:
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Geography, or related geoscience field.
- 3+ years of direct terrain data development experience.
- 2+ years of prior experience developing terrain datasets for U.S. Army SE Core Program
- Must have prior experience with ArcPro and QGIS, Constructive Simulation database production and knowledge of geospatial data products.
- Experience developing geospatial/modeling & simulation programs or image generators.
- Experience in GIS data model and data dictionaries.
- Experience in Map production (JOG/TLM).
- Experience working with distributed international team members.
- Proficient in technical writing for processes and procedures.
- Must have prior experience generating Joint Land Component Constructive Training Capability (JLCCTC) constructive simulation runtime databases (i.e. WARSIM) using TerraTools or equivalent software toolsets desired.
- Prior industry experience in U.S. Army Simulation & Training is strongly desired.
- Prior experience using Confluence, DOORS, GIT, and JIRA is a plus.
# cjpost Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.