Mattermost is a data-driven organization, and we are looking for a best-in-class Data Engineer to ensure the stability and evolution of our data engineering infrastructure. Our ideal candidate is skilled at and genuinely passionate about data engineering, wants to learn how our data interconnects, and is enthusiastic about helping the business make sense of it all. You will be part of the Business Operations team focused on enabling Mattermost to consume and analyze data, maintaining a high performing infrastructure, ensuring data security and quality, and developing self-service analytics frameworks.
- Design, deploy, and maintain best-in-class data infrastructure (Snowflake, Airflow, dbt, EKS, etc.)
- Manage the development and operation of high-volume data pipelines to enable the business to make data-driven decisions
- Partner with the Analytics team to build data models that are actionable for the business
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to ensure that new products and features are instrumented to capture product usage data/telemetry
- Build and maintain data-driven applications that enable business process automation and support business operations
- Effectively work while remote, with the ability to travel 2-3 times per year for week-long off-site meetings with team members
- 4+ years experience designing, implementing, and maintaining data infrastructure/data warehouse
- 4+ years experience using Python4+ years experience developing business-critical applications
- Experience with ETL and architecting data systemsExperience with schema design, data modeling and SQL queries
- Solid understanding of REST and building scalable APIsBe able to work well with a team composed of cross-functional roles
- Be able to proactively communicate well, both written and verbally
- Experience with Rudderstack, dbt, Snowflake, and Looker
- Degree in Computer Science or related
- Experience working in open source communities.