The Marketing Data Engineer contributes in technical solutions on behalf of Tableau's Marketing Data Engineering team. This team is responsible for building and operating our cloud-based Marketing data platform that enables self-service Marketing analytics. The Data Engineer role will help solve challenging data integration problems by participating in development, architecture, and operations work related to building the Marketing data platform. The role will collaborate with product managers, engineers, and internal customers to scope and define implementation plans that meet business requirements. The Data Engineer supports Tableau's core value commitments to delight our customers and work as a team.
Some of the things you'll be doing include…
- Help to build and architect the Marketing Data Platform.
- Build robust scalable data processing and data integration pipelines using Python and SQL.
- Develop data quality automations and unit tests to ensure the accuracy of the data delivered to the Analysts and Business Customers.
- Build solutions that scale as our data volumes grow exponentially.
- Define and implement monitoring and alerting policies for data solutions.
- Help modernize our SDLC for CI/CD automation and the Cloud.
- Develop data models that support analytical models used by Tableau.
- Participate in code reviews and related processes.
- Work with product managers, engineers, and internal customers to identify and scope of the requests and define implementation plans.
Who you are…
- Experienced. 2-3+ years professional experience in software engineering role. 1-2+ years ETL development experience
- Technical. A technical background in data architecture, data pipeline architecture & development, data warehousing concepts. Demonstrated experience writing Python code. Demonstrated experience writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets. Experience with: AWS services such as EC2, S3, IAM roles, ECS, CloudWatch, etc., Gilt, Snowflake is handy but not required, Airflow and Kafka is handy but not required, containers and container orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes are handy but not required, and CI/CD pipelines is handy but not required.
- Domain. Strong familiarity with marketing data and marketing analytics uses-cases & needs.
- Team Player. A willingness to jump in and help when needed, learn and teach new skills, and have the experience and professionalism required to meet objectives.
- A Problem Solver. You love tackling the most difficult of challenges and know how to get to the best solution.
- Educated. BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent. WS Certifications on either a Developer or Architect track preferred but not required.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!