As a Data Engineer for the Healthcare Informatics/Data Analytics team, you will have the opportunity to transform healthcare using healthcare information to help patients and doctors make better healthcare-related decisions. We are investing in big data and this means you will get to work with the latest and greatest tools (Cloud-based, Data integration, R, Hadoop, Python platforms) in a forward-looking form and help invent and implement new products and capabilities.
What you'll do:
- Design, engineer and build, and co-develop big data strategies
- Engineer machine learning based recommendation engines
- Organize voice, email, and text unstructured data for advanced data mining and prediction
- Work with Hadoop system administration to optimize the performance of data lake and data science platforms
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or other technical/quantitative discipline
- Four (4) years' experience in data architecture, design, and/or management which includes experience:
- Using leading Extract Transform Load (ETL) tools, and
- Connecting to healthcare data sources such as EMRs, PMSs, HL7 gateways, HIE, billing systems, claims, labs.
- Developing data models and integration strategies for complex analytics and reporting
- Extracting and transforming data from large scale legacy systems
- Translating unstructured data into tagged/structured tables to support data mining
- Streaming data exchange between data warehouse and analytic data lake environments
- Mongo D/B, Python, Hadoop, Data warehouse – Teradata, Netezza
- Ability to program and manage API's form data exchange internal and external to an enterprise .