Do you love the border between architecture and analysis? Can you play nice with both humans and machines? We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our close knit team of data experts. You must be honest and humble, have a willingness to persevere and work hard, and a constant openness to learning. You are self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. We seek team members who are courageous but not a bully, strong but not rude and humble but not timid. In a couple words, emotionally intelligent.
- Design and build data management capabilities including the enterprise data warehouse platform, associated data models, ETL process, integration pipelines and data architecture requirements.
- Implement frameworks for automated and scripted testing.
- Constantly evaluate, optimize and document deployment of data models to achieve greater efficiency and reliability
- Assist with ad hoc data investigations and analysis and new data source discovery
- Build cross functional relationships with data analytic teams and business leaders to understand their requirements and data needs
- Interact and integrate with internal and external teams and systems to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of sources
- Participate in rotational on-call support and provide ongoing maintenance of all data warehouse infrastructure
- Current experience with writing advanced SQL queries and performance tuning
- Data modeling and ETL development experience
- Demonstrate familiarity with Kimball data warehouse concepts.
- Solid understanding of database theory and architecture
- Experience with at least one scripting language
- Understanding cloud data warehousing technologies
- Familiarity with BI and analytic tools
- Basic understanding of data governance and master data management principles
- Experience with database management systems including performance optimizing and tuning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate advanced critical thinking and trouble-shooting capabilities to assess, prioritize, plan, and implement tasks and solutions effectively, including the ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Must be self-directed and able to function both independently and as part of a team